Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Behind.

The last five days have been super busy.  I'll recap for you.
On Friday, the Husband decided that because he had a few days off
 we were going to tile our main living room.
He and I moved all of the furniture to other parts of the house and he started pulling up the old nasty carpet.
I can't even begin to tell you how gross it was. 
 The carpet, the padding, the dirt underneath it all.
So, so nasty.
The kids spent the day at an ASU Women's Softball game with my dad...
...while our friend John came over to help us lay tile.
On Sunday we took a break to celebrate Maylyn's birthday.
The husband was proving just how strong he really is.
We had the party at Bounce U in Gilbert.
Maylyn was pretty excited because she got to invite a few friends from her Pre-K class.
The kids had a blast!  And so did some of the adults.
The party helpers from Bounce U told her to open her mouth
and they would throw her pizza in it.
Look!  Proof I was there.
Lisa and I were looking at pictures.
I don't think she really liked all of the attention.
The party helpers kept teasing and joking with her.
She was making me laugh because she kept giving them the stink eye.
Baby Aden!
Man, he is a cutie!
Maylyn showing off one of her presents.
My goddaughter Isabelle.
She looks small in this picture but she's gotten so big!
After the party it was back to work.
Sunday night we finished laying the small tile design in front of the fireplace
and did all of the cuts for the corners of the room.
(I spy Jake.)
Monday, the Husband and I put down the grout.
That is some back breaking work, let me tell you.
And we finished!
It looks SO good! 
Now we're thinking that we might pull the rest
of the carpet up in the house and just tile everywhere....eventually. 
We're both so exhausted from just how much work it was, but definitely worth it in the end.
And tomorrow?
Maylyn turns 5!

1 comment: