Monday, May 24, 2010

Mondays with Marilyn.

That's not a typo. 
Today's "Mondays with" post is dedicated to my
Grandma Marilyn who passed away five years ago tomorrow.
(Four generations:  Me, Grandma, baby Kaeleigh, my Mom)

I have so many wonderful memories of my grandma.

My grandma made the best vegetable soup.  A recipe that never got written down and one she forgot as her Alzheimer's got worse.

Once when we were little, she let us have dessert first because dinner wasn't done yet.  Peaches sprinkled with brown sugar and milk always remind me of her.

She grew up during the Great Depression and never forgot what it was like to sometimes go without.  Nothing was ever wasted in her house.

She always had time for her grand kids.   
A puzzle, AMEN! Bingo, watching us put on a show...she was always so happy to see and spend time with us. 

She never got to meet Maylyn...passing away just after she was born.  It means so much to me that she got to have some time with Kaeleigh.
Miss you Grandma Moses.
Love you always.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the offer to help. Most times I'm fine. But some days I just want to be lazy.

    Don't you wish we could keep grandmas around forever? (In good health of course)

    You made me crave vegetable soup. Maybe that'll be dinner tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's great that you have those pictures though and the good memories...

    ReplyDelete