Thursday, February 17, 2011

Birthday cake.

Earlier this month we celebrated the birthday of our friend Macee.
As part of her gift from us I told Christene
 (her mom, I've mentioned them all on the blog before)
that I would do the birthday cake for the party.

After working on my grandparent's anniversary cake, I thought I'd try my hand at another cake because I really want to get back into cake decorating.
The theme for the party was Hannah Montana.
And here's the cake!
 It was a half chocolate/half strawberry cake with a strawberry cream filling and vanilla butter cream icing.  Macee wanted it sparkly so I went back out to that awesome cake store and bought some glitter made especially for baking and sprinkled that on the cake.
The birthday girl loved it!

As always Christene is super creative and had some really fun activites for the party.
I didn't take too many pictures but I did get this one of the potato sack race.
You can see Maylyn in the purple jacket.
The party, and the cake, were a big success!

No comments:

Post a Comment