Saturday, June 22, 2013

The Move.

So much to catch up on! Let’s backtrack to February.  The Husband was offered a promotion with his company and the position would take us to Spokane, Washington.  He had to start the job almost immediately so that left the kids and I to get things finalized so we could follow him.  I really didn’t want to be in separate states for any longer than we needed to be.   Initially we had planned on renting out our house in Arizona but I just happened to run into my good friend’s mother, a realtor, who was confident she could sell our house quickly.  And she wasn’t kidding.  We had three offers in the first 48 hours!  Other than a few minor repairs and some cleaning on the house; it was one less thing for us to worry about.  Bill’s company covered the packing and the moving for us, including moving my car.  Talk about a load off.  I don’t even want to think about how long it would have taken me to pack with a then nine month old demanding all of my time. 


The moving company came and emptied the house but it would take about 10 days for all of our belongings to get to WA so rather than fly up and spent that time in an empty house with three kids (and no husband because he was on a business trip) we spent that extra time at my parent’s house. 


 The kids and I flew out of AZ on March 9th.  I was really nervous to fly by myself with the kids but they all did great.  The lines at the airport that day were so long and Ryan fell asleep on my chest in his carrier.  He did great on the plane, only fussing when he was ready to nurse which put him back to sleep for most of the flight! 





The Husband picked us up at the airport and took us to our new home.  Since we moved so quickly we decided to rent for a little while so that we could learn the area and decide where we want to eventually buy.  We found a really beautiful neighborhood about five miles outside of the city.  It’s gorgeous.  There are so many trees.  

The street we live on is really quiet and all of our neighbors are so friendly.  It’s such a change from AZ where I never talked to the neighbors and didn’t know any of their names.  An added bonus is the number of kids here.  Kaeleigh and Maylyn immediately made friends and are always outside playing.  Weather permitting anyway.  It was pretty cold here in March.  (As I type this the temperature is 49 degrees and has been raining nonstop since yesterday.  Quite the difference from AZ, let me tell you!)  We only had to spend a day and a half without furniture and Bill’s sister and niece came to help me unpack and get organized.  I couldn’t have done it without them!

I got the kids registered for school a few days after we got to Spokane and they got to ride a bus to school for the first time.  So exciting for them!  I can’t wait to see if they’re still excited about riding the bus in high school.  Maylyn made her mark on her first day by falling off a piece of playground equipment and bruising her collar bone.  I always dread my phone ringing while they’re in school and to see a phone call from the nurse on the first day?  Man, she’s trying to give me more gray hairs! 



We’ve been here three months now and we love it.  I’m learning the area little by little and on Bill’s weekends off we take Sunday drives and sight see.  We’re really close to the Idaho border so we’ve driven over a few times now.  This whole area is gorgeous and we’re excited to spend our first summer in a cooler climate.

No comments:

Post a Comment