Saturday, August 3, 2013

Eight is Great.

 Maylyn is eight!
Seriously, where does the time go??
She didn't seem to mind that she had to share a birthday party with her little brother but I think next year I'll have to do things a little differently.
The birthday girl requested a zebra cake so I scoured my Pinterest boards for a pin I knew I had posted a long time ago.  It turned out great! 


I wanted to make sure that there was a special aspect to her birthday and that she didn't get overshadowed by the excitement of Ryan's first birthday.
When it came time for presents Maylyn was cracking me up.  She's quite expressive.


Doesn't look like she liked her gifts, right?
At her 8 year well visit Maylyn weighed 68 pounds (90%) and is 51 1/2 inches tall. (75%)
She's very excited to no longer be sitting in a booster seat in the car.
Maylyn loves Barbies, Monster High, riding her bike, coloring and painting, and being outside with her friends.  She and Ryan are kindred spirits.  If she does something silly he cracks up.  They're my little troublemakers.  All this time I thought Maylyn got that from her biological dad and now Ryan acts just like her.  They must get it from me!  Ha ha!  She doesn't like to read and has a harder time with school than I'd like but we're working on it.  She starts summer school next week to get a jump on 3rd grade.
She's going to be a third grader!  I'm constantly baffled at how quickly kids grow.  Maylyn is going to be fun to watch.  And when I say fun I mean likely to cause me more gray hairs.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment