Thursday, December 12, 2013

September.

My sister Sara came to visit us in September!  The weekend she was here coincided with the Spokane Pig Out so we went into the city and ate way too much!




 Sara was also on hand to help document Ryan’s first big boy haircut!  I wasn’t ready to cut it but it had gotten to the point that people were saying that he was a cute little girl.  In fact, while he was sitting on my lap getting his hair cut a lady standing nearby said, “oh, look at how good she’s being.”  Killing me lady!  He was wearing blue too. 


 September also meant that the girls went back to school!  Kaeleigh is now in 5th grade and Maylyn is in 3rd grade.  Kaeleigh has way more homework this year and usually needs help with math.  Turns out that I don’t remember fractions nearly as well as I thought I did.  She’ll be smarter than her parents soon!  Summer school really helped Maylyn prepare for 3rd grade.  She still struggles but I can see a change in her reading and writing.  Trying to get her to do her 20 minutes of reading a night was like pulling teeth but she’s discovered a love for Daisy Meadows’ Fairy Books and has been reading a ton lately.
 I didn’t take too many pictures this month but I was able to get a few of the kids together.  It’s getting harder to take pictures of Ryan that aren’t blurry from movement.  That little boy is all over the place!


No comments:

Post a Comment