Saturday, May 29, 2010

Summer fun.

Yesterday was the first day of summer vacation.
I set up a play date with my friend Christene and her kids Macee and Easton.

I first met Christene in 2004 when we worked for the same company.
Kaeleigh was 9 months old at the time and Macee was 6 months old.
We found out we were pregnant with our second children within days of each other.
Basically, our kids have been friends since they were infants and they LOVE each other.
I'm not sure what we were thinking but we took the kids to play at the McDonald's play place.  On the first day of summer vacation.  Yeah...
Needless to say, the place was a madhouse!
We decided to bail and head back to Christene's house to swim and hang out.

The kids loved playing in the sandbox.

Not a whole lot of room but they all wanted to play together.
I had taken my girls to Old Navy to pick out new swim suits for summer.
And they were on sale for $9!  Score!
Here's what Kaeleigh picked.
And here is Maylyn's choice.  I love the slit in the back.
They are getting more and more comfortable in the pool. 
Maylyn more so than Kaeleigh but we're working on it.
And those arm floaties?  Found them at Dollar Tree.
When we finally left their house last night Kaeleigh kept saying,"That was the best play date of my life!"  Ha ha!  That girl is hilarious!
We've had a lot of fun so far today as well, but that will have to wait til the next post because I need a nap!

1 comment:

  1. cute swimsuits! :) i too love maylyn's

    are they still learning how to swim?

    ReplyDelete