Wednesday, December 11, 2013

July.

Ryan started walking in June so in July we got him a pair of sandals.  He really liked them.  Ha ha!  
 The only way we could get him to wear them was to put them on right before taking him outside.  So he associated the shoes with something fun.  And now he’s a shoeaholic.  I took the kids shoe shopping and Ryan would get happy with every pair I put on him and cry every time I took a pair off. 
Man time on the deck.
The Husband and I celebrated our 4th anniversary on July 8th.  We got to have a date night and go out to dinner while my parents were in town later in the month. 


The day after my parents arrived we took a road trip into Oregon to visit one of my mom’s brothers.  He was having a family reunion so we got to see a bunch of family that we hadn’t seen in years.  Or in the case of my kids, hadn’t met yet.  Ryan loved the hotel we stayed at.  He had a blast in the pool and his favorite part of our room was standing in front of the AC while it was on.

The Husband ordered butterflies for the kids and they emerged during my parent’s visit.  My mom teaches about butterflies with her students at school so she helped take care of them.
We took a lot of walks while they were here.  Ryan loves to be pushed around in his stroller.  My dad and I spent a couple mornings walking up a path that leads up a steep hill.  It has a great view of our neighborhood.

 We took my parents to a few places during the week that they were here.  We made a stop at Lake Coeur d’Alene in Idaho and spent some time walking around Riverfront Park here in Spokane.  It’s such a beautiful park for being in the center of the city.  We celebrated both of my parent’s birthdays while they were here.  It was a slightly belated celebration for my mom and an early one for my dad.  We loved having them in town!





No comments:

Post a Comment